Hot work course – VAR11301
The course is intended to teach employees who perform hot work the skills and behaviour necessary to ensure they can carry out such assignments safely.
Everyone who performs hot work: welding, shaping, grinding, cutting, roofing with an open flame, as well as any other work involving an open flame (crimping cable joins, for example).
The course covers the following topics:
- What is hot work?
- The certification regulatons (a bit of history)
- Laws and regulations
- Fire theory and extinguishing fires
- Protective equipment and first aid
- Use of gas
- Risk assesssment
- Preventative measures in cinnection with the work
- Inspection and clearing up on conclusion of the work
- Routines in the event of fire
- Practical exercise in extinguishing fire, or approved video showing fire suppression in practice
- Written exam
Number of participants: Max. 25 per course
Course Length: 7.5 hours